Face masks help prevent the spread of COVID-19. It’s best to wear a face covering even if you believe you’re healthy. A mask helps contain small droplets that come out of your mouth and/or nose when you talk, sneeze, or cough. If you have the virus and are asymptomatic or not showing symptoms, a face mask lessens your chance of spreading the infection to others. If you’re healthy, a face mask may protect you from larger droplets from people around you.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are challenging to maintain (ex, grocery stores, restaurants, etc.), especially in areas with a high community-based transmission. The use of cloth face coverings can slow the spread of the virus and help people who unknowingly have the virus prevent from spreading it to others.
Washable Fabric Face Masks:
- Cover the nose and below the chin
- Fit snuggly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Secured with ties or ear loops
- 100% cotton Facemask with elastic ear bands
- Allow breathing without restriction
- Can be laundered and machine dried without damage or change in shape